Thursday, February 9, 2012

WTFacts: Meth Burns

File this column under, "I read/saw this ish somewhere, so it's mostly likely true"... but even if I can't point to the exact source all the time for WTFacts (in this case it's Time magazine 2/6/12), I'm not just pulling facts or statistics out of my arse...although in this case...look, the only excuse to read Time magazine is in a waiting room, airplane, or on the throne; I read this tidbit after a strong cup of coffee.

According to an AP report of hospitals surveyed in the south, midwest, and west (I don't specifically know what this geographic allocation means either, I said it was Time) 1/3 of all patients in burn units were scalded while cooking meth. Even accounting for the wonky survey area, that is quite the statistic...good to know the tweakers are keeping hospital staff busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment