Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tilt shift parade rant



Tilt shift can make anything look amazing. Case in point, me talking about a parade video. I hate parades worse than crotch itch. I've never been to Rio, and I've never experienced carnavale. This ish looks kinda crazy, so I'm not ready to write off parades completely, but...

Any parade I've been to is bad food, annoying music, and way too many sweaty, gaping mouth-breathers. In Portland, the Rose Parade is a license for suburbanites to literally pitch tents and camp out on the sidewalk for days with all their cousins' cousins, blocking traffic, and spewing litter. As a kid, the Macy's day parade was a huge deal. I remember going one year. Things that stuck out: big floats, sequined dancers, Buster Douglas (he had just upset Mike Tyson and was the sports celeb of the moment); also too many Griswolds in one place, no way to get across the parade route, and having to pee really really bad and not being able to find a place to go...so maybe I'm a little biased. Maybe it's just the generic, American, Disney-fied parades that are terrible, I need to get to Brasil for a followup; or maybe just down to Mardi Gras, cause that ish on Treme is intense.



No comments:

Post a Comment