Friday, January 27, 2012

A Better Burger: Tiny's NYC

I'll just leave that there until I can find a better one. I mean, a better burger. I know it's out there, I'm not bestowing World's Greatest status yet...I should back up. Tiny's was my first hamburger in 10 years. I had somehow convinced myself that some meats were inherently dirtier than others. I had an aversion to pork and beef, a mental block if you will; but I'm feeling much better now. Only, I opened a floodgate; all I want is burgers. Any menu I look at, the only item that comes into focus, is the burger.

We went to Tiny's in NYC for our first meal of the day, so I had to get an egg on my burger to justify it as breakfast. I could go on and on about how amazing this burger was (yes, the fresh ground chuck was tender and succulent, massaging my tongue with every bite), but this isn't a food blog, it's about me being a picky bastard. And this Tiny's burger created a huger for burgers that can only be sated when I find a better burger... Better doesn't mean more expensive or complicated. Some people want shaved fennel and foie gras with organic mustard seed, and an aged roquefort with a truffle bun for their perfect ish...it doesn't have to be this:


...but ever since Tiny's, all I want is a better burger...

No comments:

Post a Comment